Tinolang Manok (Chicken Tinola) Ingredients and cooking instructions

Tinolang Manok (Chicken Tinola) Ingredients and cooking instructions 



That it is so astonishing to be human. The things we ignore, the things we hold dear, the things we recollect. I am currently a forty-two-year-elderly person who has gone through life, seen a lot of life but then, every time I cook a pot of tinolang manok, a memory from an effectively removed past can in any case hold my heart and destroy it.

I was five years of age when my folks isolated, and before long, my father started another family. On one of the unpredictable events we visited him, we~my siblings, my father, his new spouse and his then 2-year old son~gathered around the table for a lunch of chicken tinola.

In the Philippines, or if nothing else in our family unit, every single palatable piece of the fowl~liver, gizzards, neck and all, are utilized in the soup. As there is just a single liver in chicken and it is considered the most nutritious, it's normally given to the valuable offspring of the house. At the point when my father began to scoop our bits of the soup.


I connected for my bowl with an assurance that solitary originates from the naivety of a kid that THE liver was in mine. Rather, my father, cooing as he did, thudded the pined for piece into his boy's. I was excessively youthful at that point to clarify the attack of tears, to try and comprehend what I was crying about. All I recollect was the urgent should be back home at my mom's home; my mom's home where I would have been the ONE with the liver in her bowl.

Tinolang Manok (Chicken Tinola) Ingredients  

1 tablespoon oil

1 little onion, stripped and cut meagerly

2 to 3 cloves garlic, stripped and minced

2 thumb-sized crisp ginger, stripped and julienned

1 (3 to 4 pounds) entire chicken, cut into serving pieces

2 tablespoons fish sauce

5 cups water

1 little green papaya, pared, seeded and cut into 2-inch wedges

1 bundle crisp spinach leaves, stems cut

salt and pepper to taste

Tinolang Manok (Chicken Tinola) cooking instructions 


In a pot over medium warmth, heat oil. Add onions, ginger and garlic and cook until limp and sweet-smelling.

Add chicken and cook, blending every so often, for about 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken begins to change shading and squeezes run clear. Add fish sauce and cook, mixing sporadically, for about 1 to 2 minutes.

Add water and heat to the point of boiling, skimming filth that buoy on top. Lower warmth, cover and stew for about 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Add papaya and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until delicate yet fresh. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add spinach and cook until simply withered. Serve hot.

Post a Comment

0 Comments